SAVORING the MOMENT

Cookbook author Mindy Toomay's blog about eating for health, cooking with spirit, and celebrating life in northern California. Here she dishes up food rants and raves, recipes, and plenty of kitchen wisdom.

By your own efforts, waken yourself, watch yourself, and live joyfully.
-- The Dhammapada

Why not make a daily pleasure out of a daily necessity?
-- Peter Mayle

Wednesday

Pears... yes, again!

I love pears, and I especially love pears in salad. I believe I blogged about a spinach salad with pears once already, but this one was so pretty and delicious that I just can't help myself from doing it again.


This time I made a classic vinaigrette, spiked with Dijon mustard and lemon juice. I dotted the salad with Point Reyes Original blue cheese, which is another thing I've already blogged about, but it bears repeating because it's such a wonderful cheese and such a great local company.

Our weather has been balmy and beautiful the last few days, with just enough breeze to blow out any hint of smog. It's a lovely time of year in my part of the world, and I plan to celebrate it with many, many salads. I'll be chronicling my salad days here. And I hope to be less busy soon so I can get back to regular postings...

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, i love pears too. My only problem is that by the time they sit on my counter and get ripe, we are so anxious to eat them that we dont' save any for cooking or making salads with - we eat them all plain. I guess I just need to buy more!

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy and thanks for stopping by Veggies...
This looks delicious btw, I love all salads, especially unusual combinations of ingredients.

The NJFV recipe contest was on my former cookbook website,the winner entries would all be in the archives on Veggies....It was great fun having the contest, wonderful entries, promoted my cookbook and 'met'a lot of nice people too. I highly recommend having a contest, really gets things cookin' LOL

BFN, G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home